COVID-19 (Coronavirus) information and support
Our priority is to keep residents and staff safe during the ongoing COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak.
Roadmap out of lockdown
On Monday 12 July, the government confirmed that the lifting of lockdown restrictions will go ahead on Monday 19 July.
Full details on the roadmap out of lockdown can be found on the Government website (opens in new window).
From 19 July
The lifting of restrictions includes the following:
- Social distancing restrictions ended, including the lifting of limits on social contact and the 1m-plus rule removed
- The legal requirement for face coverings has stopped (although their use is advised in healthcare settings and closed crowded spaces, and remains compulsory on all public transport in London)
- Events, hospitality and other businesses are now allowed to operate fully, including nightclubs - with capacity caps lifted, and a lifting of the ‘table service only’ rule
- The limits on numbers at weddings and funerals is lifted, plus restrictions on communal worship have ended
- Capacity limitations for concerts, theatres and sporting events are no longer required
- Guidance on working from home has ended
- Limits on named visitors to care homes have been removed.
It is important to note that we will be expected to remain aware of the virus and what we can do to stop the spread.
Cases of COVID-19 are on the rise, but with fewer hospitalisations and deaths, it appears the vaccine rollout is working. Please remember - you only have maximum protection from the virus after your second dose.
- Find your nearest walk-in and pop-up vaccination clinic in South West London.
- Find out how to book a test for coronavirus in Sutton.
- Get the latest NHS advice about COVID-19 on the NHS website (opens in new window).
- Find information about Council services, including waste and recycling, schools and leisure facilities, by visiting the Council's website (opens in new window).
- Join the Sutton Coronavirus Support and Action Facebook Group (opens in new window) to stay up to date with the response in the borough, find out how to help others and get support if you need it.
Contacting us during COVID-19
At the moment, it’s important we minimise face-to-face contact and do as much as possible by phone, email or online.
To keep you, our staff and your community safe our Community Hubs are closed, drop-in sessions have been suspended and our Sutton Gate reception is shut.
Where we need to see you face-to-face, we will check in advance that you are not unwell or self-isolating. If you are unwell or self-isolating we will not visit but will take steps to check that you are being supported.