Do you have any questions about using digital technology? Perhaps you want to learn how to set up an email account or order your shopping online but are not sure where to start, or have a new laptop and are unsure how to use it.
In October 2021, we launched our first Digital Champions programme and now have a team of trained champions across the organisation that can support your digital needs.
At our monthly 'Tech and Tea' workshops, you can bring your iPads, tablets, laptops or smartphones, to learn new skills and meet new people in a friendly, relaxed environment or we can arrange a home visit if you are unable to attend.
No question is a silly question and our Digital Champions will be ready to help you!
If you don't have a device
If you do not have a device, please feel free to come along to see if there is something we can do to help you. Our Champions know of various schemes across Sutton that can help you get online and we will do all we can to support you.
Any SHP resident can come along to our monthly Tech and Tea workshops from 10am-12pm.
- Monday 9 May - Thomas Wall Close, Sutton, SM1 1SP
- Monday 6 June - St Paul’s Close, Carshalton, SM5 1NR
- Monday 4 July - Milton House, Sutton, SM1 2QS
- Monday 1 August - Seven Acres and Marfleet, Carshalton, SM5 2SZ
* On 24 February our Digital Champions will be joined by our Community Employment Link Worker who can help you find a job and by Aim4Work, an organisation that specialises in supporting individuals who are out of work and living with a mental health condition. If accepted onto their programme, Aim4Work's Employment Advisors will set you up with an action plan to help you get into work.
Supporting residents with dementia
With appropriate support, evidence suggests that people with dementia can derive substantial pleasure, enjoyment and relaxation from using a computer (or tablet).
Personally-tailored activities involving familiar music, videos, photographs and/or games that connect with a person’s past occupation, hobbies and interests are likely to be the most engaging. It is also important that activities match the individual’s cognitive and functional abilities.
The Arts4Dementia website (opens in new window) lists a number of helpful apps and websites that can support individuals with dementia.
If you know a Sutton Housing Partnership resident that could benefit from support in using any of these apps or websites, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get one of our champions to get in touch with you.
For more information
Call 07542 028 176 to have a chat with one of our champions or email email@example.com.