We are responsible for making sure our neighbourhoods are safe, secure and well maintained. This means dealing with anti social behaviour, carrying out communal repairs, and caretaking and maintaining the communal areas of many of our neighbourhoods.
Caretakers work between 8am and 4pm Monday to Friday. Caretaking schedules vary according location, day-to-day conditions, priorities and seasonal demands.
Grounds Maintenance Service
Our grounds maintenance service covers a range of activities including:
- maintaining communal trees
- cutting grass
- clearing leaves
- maintaining shrub beds.
Our contractor, Glendale's does most of this work for SHP alongside our estate services team. They work to agreed schedules and priorities.
We routinely carry out estate inspections. This is an opportunity for SHP and residents to identify and monitor:
- health and safety issues
- communal repairs
- improvements to the area
- performance of estate services such as cleaning and caretaking
- issues such as fly-tipping and parking.
Community Walkabouts are your opportunity to tell us what would make your community a better place to live and how we can work together to achieve this. Community Walkabouts look at issues like:
- community initiatives; volunteering, safety, well-being
- estate environment; parking, lighting, signs, play areas, gardens, waste
- anti-social behaviour issues; fly-tipping, dog fouling, noise
- planned repairs and maintenance
They are arranged on a biannual basis are open to all residents and are attended by SHP’s Chief Executive, your Neighbourhood and Estate Managers and our repairs contractor Mears. We also invite partners to join us such as:
- Ward Councilors and Sutton Council Officers
- Police/Safe Neighbourhood Team
- Residents’ Association connected to the community
Community Walkabouts - Summary and Outcomes
For information about upcoming community walkabouts see our News & Events page.