NFA Photography Competition
Calling all happy snappers! We want your photos.
We all understand what it means to feel at home, but no two communities are alike. That's why we would love you to show us what makes your street, neighbourhood or community unique.
We are looking for high quality images that:
- Showcase what makes your street, neighbourhood or community unique
- Challenge the stereotype that housing tenure defines the kind of person we are, what our neighbourhood looks like, the kind of job we have or what we do in our spare time
- We need high resolution images that will be sharp and clear even when enlarged to A3
One winner will be chosen to receive a £50 Love2shop voucher!
The winner and shortlisted entries will be featured on our website and submitted to The National Federation of ALMO's photography competition, and possibly featured in the 24Housing magazine.
Please send your entires to email@example.com by midnight on Wednesday 4 March. Make sure you've read the terms and conditions of entry below before submitting your photos.
NFA Photography Competition 2020: #noplacelikehome
The National Federation of ALMO's annual photography competition showcases photos from all over the country.
The 2020 NFA Photography Competition forms part of the NFA’s two day annual conference. The winner will be announced at a dinner at the the Hyatt Regency Hotel, Birmingham on the evening of Thursday 30 April 2020. Shortlisted photographs will be exhibited at the conference and attendees will have the opportunity to vote for the winning photograph.
For the NFA competition, the SHP Communications Team will work alongside shortlisted entrants to put together a 500 word bio explaining how the image meets the breif above.
More information is available on the NFA's website.
Terms and conditions of entry
- Only images submitted by an SHP tenant or leaseholder will be eligible for the £50 prize.
- A panel of SHP staff will select the shortlisted entries to be submitted into the NFA photography competition and the winning entry to receive the £50 Love2shop voucher
- No cash alternatives will be given.
- You can enter as many images as you want. Images provided must be GDPR compliant. Permissions must be sought by the photographer from any identifiable person in submitted images. Written permission from a legal guardian is required for pictures of children under the age of 13. We can provide a form via email.
- GDPR regulations stipulate that when people are asked for permission for the use of pictures that may identify them, they must be told in some detail how the pictures might be used.
Images submitted for the Photography Competition may be:
- Used on the website and social media channels of Sutton Housing Partnership
- Used in print materials of Sutton Housing Partnership
- Shared with press and partner organisations of Sutton Housing Partnership
- Viewed by housing sector professionals who will draw up a competition shortlist
- Viewed by attendees at the 2020 NFA Conference
- Included in a booklet published by the NFA to celebrate ALMOs and their residents
- Used in future NFA digital and print publications.