Sutton Connect provides targeted housing support for people aged 55 or over who are residents of the London borough of Sutton. Sutton Connect helps residents:
- develop skills to enable them to sustain their accommodation
- live in independent living housing for as long as possible
- access and engage with services and activities that aid independence
The service will provide:
- support to help you with your tenancy
- improve your health and well-being
- maximise your income and support with any debt
- participate and reduce loneliness and isolation
- learn new skills
- enable you to remain living independently
Access Sutton Connect
To access the service a resident needs to be:
- aged 55 years or over (unless there are exceptional circumstances)
- a resident of the London Borough of Sutton
- in need of support to sustain their accommodation
1. Request or Refer
Residents can request the service online by completing this form, emailing email@example.com, or by calling 0208 915 2000.
External organisations can refer someone to Sutton Connect online by completing this form, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling 0208 915 2000.
2. Review and approve
We’ll review the request or referral and get in contact within 5 days. This will be followed by a face to face needs assessment within 10 days if the referral is approved.
3. Receive service
We will then create a support plan using an 'Outcome Star' tool and agree a start date for providing the service.
Things to keep in mind
- Residents may be charged for this service. A decision to charge will be based on an individual's financial circumstances.