Sutton Connect provides targeted housing support for people aged 55 or over who are residents of the London borough of Sutton. Sutton Connect helps residents:
- develop skills to enable them to sustain their accommodation
- live in independent living housing for as long as possible
- access and engage with services and activities that aid independence
The service will provide:
- support to help you with your tenancy
- improve your health and well-being
- maximise your income and support with any debt
- participate and reduce loneliness and isolation
- learn new skills
- enable you to remain living independently
Who is eligible?
To access the service a resident needs to be:
- aged 55 years or over (unless there are exceptional circumstances)
- a resident of the London Borough of Sutton
- in need of support to sustain their accommodation
1. Request or Refer
External organisations can refer someone to Sutton Connect by completing Sutton Connect Referral Form and Sutton Connect Needs Assessment, and returning them by email to email@example.com or by calling 0208 915 2000.
2. Review and approve
We’ll review the request or referral and get in contact within 5 days. This will be followed by a face to face needs assessment within 10 days if the referral is approved.
3. Receive service
We will then create a support plan using an 'Outcome Star' tool and agree a start date for providing the service.
Things to keep in mind
- Residents may be charged for this service. A decision to charge will be based on an individual's financial circumstances.