Sutton Connect provides targeted housing support for people aged 55 or over who are residents of the London Borough of Sutton.
How Sutton Connect helps residents
Sutton Connect helps residents:
- develop skills to enable them to sustain their accommodation
- live in independent living housing for as long as possible
- access and engage with services and activities that aid independence.
What the service provides
The service will:
- provide support to help you with your tenancy
- improve your health and well-being
- maximise your income and support with any debt
- participate and reduce loneliness and isolation
- help you learn new skills
- enable you to remain living independently.
Who is eligible for Sutton Connect
To be eligible for the service a resident needs to be:
- aged 55 years or over (unless there are exceptional circumstances)
- a resident of the London Borough of Sutton
- in need of support to sustain their accommodation.
Making requests or referrals to Sutton Connect
- If you are a resident or an external organisation you can make a referral to Sutton Connect by completing the Sutton Connect Referral Form, and returning it by email to email@example.com or by calling 07794 334 425 or 020 8915 2000.
- After your request or referral has been received, we will review it and get in contact with you within five days. This will be followed by a face-to-face needs assessment within 10 days if the referral is approved.
- If the request or referral is approved we will then create a support plan using an 'Outcome Star' tool and agree on a start date for providing the service.
Things to keep in mind
Residents may be charged for this service. A decision to charge will be based on an individual's financial circumstances.
If you have any questions contact us on 07794 334425 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.