Request a water charge refund

Following a recent Court of Appeal judgement, some Sutton Council tenants will get a refund of the commission paid by water companies to the Council for collecting water and sewage charges prior to 2018. 

For those whose rent accounts are in credit, if we do not currently have your bank details, you can apply to have this money sent to you by completing a refund request form. 

Application form to claim water rates refund.

Refunds will be processed as soon as possible but please allow three weeks from the date you complete the form.

If your rent account is currently in arrears, we will use the refund to offset these arrears before sending you any money.

If you need to speak to anyone about this adjustment, please contact us on 020 8915 2000 or check our website for frequently asked questions.