Apply for contents insurance
It is important that tenants insure their belongings against damage. The London Borough of Sutton administers a home contents insurance scheme that is open to SHP tenants.
- premiums are paid weekly with your rent
- no excess
- cover for fire, theft, water damage & other household risks
- covers freezer content, theft and loss of keys
- no minimum security requirements
- no long term commitment - you literally 'pay as you go'
- optional extensions available, for example: extended accidental damage, wheelchair/mobility scooters, hearing aids, personal possessions (away from home) and sheds, garages and greenhouses.
How to apply
To find out more and to apply for the scheme please visit Sutton Council's home contents insurance webpage (opens in new window).