Apply for a garage or parking bay
SHP let and manage over 800 garages and parking bays around the borough - check the map at the bottom of this page to see where.
If you wish to apply for a garage please complete the online form with your preferred area. We are currently experiencing high demand and will contact you when a garage becomes available.
We'll review your application and check our records to check whether you:
- are a current tenant or leaseholder - you can still rent a garage if you're not, but we prioritise residents
- are aged 18 or over
- owe SHP any money
If you meet all of these criteria we will accept your application.
When a garage becomes available in the area you want we'll get in contact with you by phone, email or text. If you decide you want the garage we will invite you to a tenancy sign up where we will:
- issue you with a licence to rent the garage
- set up a Direct Debit
- give you keys to the garage
Things to keep in mind
- If you already owe us money we may refuse your application.
- You can only pay garage rent by Direct Debit.
- If you fall into arrears we will repossess the garage.