Report an empty property

If you have noticed a property in your area which appears to have been empty for some time and you are concerned, please report it using the form below.

Empty property report form


Report it

If you suspect that a council-owned property is empty, report it using the form above or by calling, emailing, visiting or writing to SHP.


We investigate

After we receive a report, we will investigate to establish whether or not the property is still being lived in and where the person living there is.


We act (if necessary)

If we establish that the property is empty and no longer being lived in, we will make a decision on what to do with the property. We may refurbish the property and re-let it, or we may dispose of it.