Report an abandoned vehicle

You can report an abandoned vehicle on a council estate to SHP.

Abandoned vehicle report form


A vehicle may be abandoned if it is:

  • untaxed

  • damaged with flat tyre, broken wheels etc

  • missing its number plates

  • burnt out

  • in the same location for 3 weeks or more


If the vehicle is not abandoned but parked across your driveway you need to contact the Police.


Report it

You can report an abandoned vehicle using the form above or by calling, emailing, visiting or writing to SHP


We investigate

We will inspect the vehicle, take details further, and report the vehicle to the local authority highway department.


We act

If the vehicle is identified as abandoned it will be removed.


Things to keep in mind
  • removal of a vehicle may not be immediate