Dog barking

This would only be considered anti-social behaviour if the noise was persistent (on a daily basis and for continuous periods lasting 30 minutes or more) and has a prolonged impact on direct neighbours or the local community.

  • You may want to have a friendly word with your neighbour as they may not be aware that the dog is causing a nuisance. We’ve put together some tips to help you resolve problems with neighbours. You can also download our concern card (PDF 44KB)
  • If you still feel you are being disturbed, we suggest you contact Sutton Council's Environmental Health Team on 020 8770 5000. If they take enforcement action, we will use this as evidence against the person responsible if appropriate. This may result in action for breach of tenancy conditions.
  • If the situation has not improved, please contact your Housing Manager who will provide appropriate support and advice. 
  • If the noise is persistent you should also complete our diary sheets (DOC 695KB) and record dates and times of the incidents.

How to make a report

If you have concerns about the welfare of a pet you should contact the RSPCA (opens in new window).

If you want to report persistent noise from dog barking, please use our form below.  

Anti-social behaviour (ASB) report form

You can attach your completed diary sheets (DOC 695KB) when you make your report.

Read our tips for reducing noise in the home to minimise disturbance to neighbours.