Drugs and substance misuse

Reports of drug-related activity should be reported to the police as this generally relates to criminal activity.

  • The smoking of cannabis within SHP properties is not permitted. In these instances, we will always work with the police to support them in issuing a formal warning.
  • Incidents of drug-related activity should be reported to the police on 101 or contact your local police and/or safer neighbourhood team (opens in new window).
  • You can also complete our diary sheets (DOC 695KB) and contact your Housing Manager. We will work with the police to collate evidence, issue formal warnings and in cases where the police have secured a conviction, we will always consider tenancy enforcement action.  
  • Anyone aged 18 or over, living in the London Borough of Sutton and in need of support to deal with drugs or substance misuse, can contact the community drug and alcohol service Inspire, Sutton (opens in new window).

How to report

After you have reported the incident of drug and substance misuse to the police, please use our form below.

Anti-social behaviour (ASB) report form

You can attach your completed diary sheets (DOC 695KB) when you make your report.