We know that being able to keep your home warm in the winter alongside the rising costs of energy bills is an increasing concern for many residents.
Support with energy and water bills
We have partnered with Sutton Council and Thinking Works to provide free devices to help you reduce the amount of energy and water you use. After discussing your utility usage with you, advisors from Thinking Works may provide you with:
- Free carbon monoxide detector (CO alarm)
- Two free LED bulbs
- Free water-saving showerhead and other water-saving devices
- Free radiator reflector panels for three radiators on external walls
- Specialist advice on lowering your heating bills while keeping warm
- Advice on energy and water bill tariff discounts
- Assessment for grants for insulation and heating works
- Referrals for benefit checks
- Advice on health and wellbeing services in the borough
- Referrals for free smoke alarms
Helping people keep their home warm for less
The video below features an SHP resident who signed up for the Thinking Works scheme to help save money on her energy bills.
The Winter Warmth Home Visiting Service from Thinking Works is free. You will not be asked to buy anything and will be under no obligation to accept the advice. Please note that support is limited and is available on a first-come-first-served basis.
Other useful links and resources
- Sutton Council: energy efficiency advice and staying warm this winter
- Turn2us: fuel poverty grants and schemes
- Turn2us: struggling with energy and water bills
- Citizens Advice: grants and benefits to help you pay your energy bills
- Money Saving Boiler Challenge: how to save money by turning down the flow temperature on your combi boiler