St Helier Community Food Shop
The St Helier Community Food Shop aims to support SHP residents to access affordable food and targeted support.
The Felix Project is a London-based food redistribution charity that collects high-quality and nutritious surplus food from suppliers, including supermarkets, wholesalers, farms, restaurants and delis.
They then redistribute that food to charities and organisations set up to help people who are vulnerable.
By redistributing surplus and donated food and household items to those most in need, the food shop aims to help local people save money on food shopping bills and reduce food waste.
Please note that some items in the food shop will have a short use-by or best-by date.
Trial food box
We are trialling a new extension of the food shop distributing pre-selected food boxes from Wallington and Sutton every week.
- The food boxes are for members who would prefer to collect a pre-selected food box instead of choosing their own items in-person at Hill House.
- If you sign up to the trial you still pay £3 a week membership fee, however, you will not be able to choose your own items.
- If you prefer to choose your own items you can still visit the food shop in-person at Hill House every Thursday (10am-3.30pm) as normal.
- Our boxes may include fresh meat and poultry, fruit and vegetables, long life and tinned items. Toiletry items will also be included.
Please note that some items in the food box will have a short use-by or best-by date.
To sign up please email email@example.com
Become a member
Members of the food shop will receive 12–15 items of both fresh and non-perishable goods (worth approximately £15) for the cost of just £3 per week. As part of the membership offer, members also agree to receive advice and support on education, training, employment and health and wellbeing. Membership runs for six months and can be cancelled at any time.
From 7 July 2022 the food shop is open:
- Thursdays, 10am-3.30pm
We encourage residents to call 020 8915 2000 before attending if possible.
Carshalton, SM4 6BL
If you are an SHP resident you can sign up for membership by completing the online membership form.
Other forms of help
- If you live closer to Sutton Town Centre, please visit the Sutton Community Food Shop run by Sutton Community Works.
- If you have an emergency need for food contact the Sutton Food Bank.
For more information
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or Community Action Sutton, or call 020 8915 2000.