We want to build safe and secure neighbourhoods where people want to live. We want our residents to get involved and take pride in where they live and contribute positively to their local community. Our community development team work in partnership with residents and other organisations to create community events and inititives aimed at improving our neighbourhoods and the lives of our residents.
We work with partner organisations to deliver workshops and intiatives aimed at improving our residents digital skills their understanding of IT and technology. Some of the initiatives we have delivered include:
- Integenerational digital workshops in partnership with Age UK
Health and wellbeing
We run a number of events throughout the year which aim to improve the health and wellbeing of our residents. Events are often aimed at reducing isolation and loneliness and supporting residents to lead more fulfilling lives. Some past events include:
- Wise and Well - (an twice yearly event connecting residents to organisations such as AgeUK, Met Police, Fire Brigade)
- Winter Wonderland Christmas party
- Christmas cracker smile
- Macmillan coffee mornings
- Seasonal events
See our events page for up and coming events.
Apprenticeships, employability and social action
We work with a number of partners to enable residents to access apprenticeships, improve their employability and improve their community. Initiatives that we have facilitated, delivered or supported include:
- Delivering local apprenticeships
- Supporting residents to join workshops and courses in employability skills
- National Citizen Service - engaging young people in social action days, skill sharing and skill visits
- Delivering community actions days where residents work together with SHP to improve their community.