Waste and recycling

photo of waste bins Sutton Council is responsible for collecting communal waste and recycling from our housing estates, blocks and flats. The Council is also responsible for collecting household, recycling and garden waste bins from non-estate SHP properties.  

Bin collection days and missed collections

If you live in an SHP property in the London Borough of Sutton, you can visit the Council's website to:

If you live in an SHP property in the London Borough of Merton please check the Merton Council website for information on their waste and recycling collection

Bulky waste

If you have large or bulky items you no longer want you can arrange for them to be collected from your property by booking a bulk waste collection from Sutton Council. Please note, there is a cost for this service. 

Household Reuse and Recycling Centres 

You can also take household waste or recycling to the Household Reuse and Recycle Centre at Kimpton Way. Please note that the Kimpton Way Centre is only for residents of the London Borough of Sutton. You must book an appointment before you visit Kimpton Way as without it you will not be allowed access.

If you are a resident in the London Borough of Merton you can find information on how to dispose of your household waste or recycling at the Garth Road Household Reuse and Recycling Centre


Fly-tipping is the illegal dumping of items like white goods (fridges, freezers, cookers), furniture, mattresses and rubbish left next to litter or recycling banks.

We will not tolerate fly-tipping on our housing estates and we will do everything possible to identify and take appropriate enforcement action against residents who fly-tip. Find out how to report a fly-tip to Sutton Housing Partnership.

Cameras have been installed across several of our managed areas as part of a 12-month trial to help reduce fly-tipping. The cameras have been placed in and around bins areas and other known fly-tipping hotspots. When activated they take still images which are then sent to an enforcement officer for review.