Applying for benefits

If you’re not sure what benefit entitlements you may be eligible for you can use a benefits calculator to find out:

  • what benefits you could get
  • how to claim
  • how your benefits will be affected if you start work.

The UK government website has a range of benefits and financial support on accessing all government services.

If your employment or health situation has changed, you can find out if you are entitled to:

You may also be able to:

  • claim a reduction on your council tax bill if you are on Universal Credit
  • apply for free school meals for your children
  • apply for a crisis loan or grant
  • apply for a Discretionary Housing Payment (DHPs)

To find out and see if you are eligible, make an application with Sutton Council.