Applying for benefits
If you’re not sure what benefit entitlements you may be eligible for you can use a benefits calculator to find out:
- what benefits you could get
- how to claim
- how your benefits will be affected if you start work.
The UK government website has a range of benefits and financial support on accessing all government services.
If your employment or health situation has changed, you can find out if you are entitled to:
- Universal Credit - watch the video below to understand more about applying for Universal Credit
- financial help if you’re disabled
You may also be able to:
- claim a reduction on your council tax bill if you are on Universal Credit
- apply for free school meals for your children
- apply for a crisis loan or grant
- apply for a Discretionary Housing Payment (DHPs)
To find out and see if you are eligible, make an application with Sutton Council.